Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thing #7 Confessions of a Lurker

I guess I am just a lurker to my very core. But then I have company; I read somewhere that only 1 in 100 people that read a blog will post a comment. That's me somewhere in the middle of those 99 folks not making a peep. And that's not necessarily bad; I think it has more to do with a person's temperament. I have plenty to say in my classes or around my family. Just ask my students or my wife and daughters, they will confirm that I often keep talking and talking going to great lengths to clearly and completely express myself. I just do not feel the need to stand on a big stage expressing myself to all sundry. I do feel strongly about communicating my thoughts, feelings, values and opinions to those I care about and for me those are the people closest to me; the people around my table or under my dome at the planetarium.

But then being a lifelong learner is all about stretching and groaning, I mean growing, so I'll make an effort to continue posting comments. I do admit that I become much more involved in a thought or idea if I am forced to make a written comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment