Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thing #5- Dipping My Toes Into the Blogosphere

It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I feel over loaded with the information that is coming into my Google Reader. It would be nice to find a web site that contains a index (or would it be bibliography?) of blogs containing descriptions, links and critiques of many blogs in a certain field. It takes me a lot of time just to skim through a single site and it would be convenient to be able save time searching the web for sites that interest me, but then the search is part of the fun.
I thought the blog site Student 2.0 would be really cool, and opportunity to get some insight to the inner workings of the adolescent brain (that’s a scary thought) but I find that the site has had little updating in the past year.
I'm liking the site Tech & Learning as a place to get information about specific applications of technology to the educational field. I just wish that I had been following it last week before I bought Adobe Photo Shop Elements 7 and Adobe Premier 7, this just days before Adobe offered an educational software bundle containing version 8 of these applications, plus some other related applications, all for significantly less than what I paid.


I like my space and astronomy sites best, I'll post some links to them later.

1 comment:

  1. The Google Reader can be very overwhelming with the amount of information it provides. I do however like the fact that I can quickly skim through the newest information. I really thought I would spend too much time on the Reader, but that hasn't been the case. I do often check the Reader to see the latest update and really like the feature. I love the Tech & Learning site too. This site has offered me new ideas and information to use in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete